top of page
  • Writer's pictureChris Woods

Report: Solihull Moors 2-1 Wealdstone

Wealdstone were beaten 2-1 by promotion-hunting Solihull Moors at the ARMCO Arena on Tuesday evening. Andrew Dallas opened the scoring, with the Stones working hard to equalise with Olufela Olomola, but the Moors lead and win was restored six minutes later through Solihull's Joe Sbarra.

It was a nervy start for the Stones with Sam Howes having to be alert to deny Ryan Barnett and then Dallas inside five minutes.

Sbarra was next to go close for the hosts by swerving a 20-yard effort just wide of the goal with Howes well beaten.

Shortly after, the Solihull winger did put an on target effort past Howes but Dom Hutchinson rescued a goal with a goal line clearance.

Dallas then opened the scoring on 26 minutes, capitalising on a rare Jack Cook error to swerve an effort at goal. Howes got a strong hand to it but the striker had enough fizz on the effort to see Howes palm it only on to the post.

It took an hour for the Stones to really test Louie Moulden in the Moors goal, and it was Nathan Ferguson who swerved an effort goalward from the edge of the box straight into the keepers' hands.

And then on 70 minutes the Stones broke level. It was third time lucky for Olomola who needed two rebounds to net from his initial effort but he didn't care and nor did the jubilant Stones faithful.

Whilst the Stones searched for a winner the hosts hit them on the break with Barnett playing a deft cross to Sbarra at the far post for the winger to convert past Howes.

It was not to be for Stuart Maynard's men who now face a league and cup double-header against Boreham Wood, with the Hertfordshire side visiting Grosvenor Vale on Saturday for a 3pm kick off in the National League.

WEALDSTONE: Howes, Cook (c) (Kinsella 63), Elerewe, Habergham, Sesay (Barrett 79), Charles, Ferguson, Allarakhia, Hutchinson, Browne, Olomola.

Subs not used: Baptiste, Dyer, Mundle-Smith.

Attendance: 1,326

Report by Chris Woods


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page