HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 imposes a statutory duty on all companies within the Wealdstone FC group as employers to ensure, in so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of their employees whilst at work. This duty also extends to others who may be affected by that work.
Employees also have a statutory duty to take care of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of our organisational structure.
1. WE WILL, SO FAR AS REASONABLY PRACTICABLE, ENSURE THAT:
• Adequate resources are provided to enable the effective management of health and safety, including compliance with applicable legal and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes that relate to its occupational health and safety hazards.
• Risk assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed.
• Systems of work are provided and maintained that are safe and without risks to health.
• Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
• All employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
• Where appropriate, health surveillance is provided for employees.
• The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
• The working environment is safe and without risks to health, and that adequate provision is made with regard to facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
• The place of work is safe and that there is safe access to and egress from the work place.
2. IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL EMPLOYEES AT WORK:
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by what they do or do not do.
• Co-operate with the employee on health and safety matters.
• Not misuse any equipment that is provided for safety purposes.
• Follow instructions from the employer on health and safety matters and attend relevant health and safety training.
• Report hazards and defects observed in the workplace.
3. GOVERNANCE – THE GROUP GENERAL MANAGER WILL ENSURE THAT:
• An effective management structure is in place to comply with the requirements of this policy.
• A suitable and efficient monitoring and continuous improvement programme is in place for all group operations furthering our aim of injury and ill health prevention and ongoing improvement in our health and safety performance.
• This Health and Safety Policy statement will be reviewed at least annually and amended and updated as and when necessary. Communication of any changes will be made to all Wealdstone FC employees.
• There are established and effective procedures for consultation and communication between all levels of management and employees on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare.