top of page
  • Writer's pictureWealdstone FC

REPORT | Bromley 1-1 Wealdstone

Wealdstone will leave Hayes Lane wondering how they failed to win in a 1-1 draw with Bromley on Tuesday evening, having taken an early lead through Tahvon Campbell then spurning numerous chances before the hosts equaliser with twenty minutes to go through Saul Kader.

The Stones came into the game with four out of six points, winning the first home game against York City and drawing at Eastleigh away. Bromley, on the other hand, came into the fixture with zero points and without finding the back of the net so far this season.

And the game started off in the best possible way for the Stones, with Campbell finding the back of the net within the first five minutes with a low effort that caught Grant Smith out before bouncing in off the post.

Bromley saw little of the ball, but Michael Cheek is always a danger and he tested his luck with a lob from the halfway line which caught Jed Ward out and dipped off the top of the crossbar and over.

A massive chance then came for the Stones when a Micah Obiero blocked shot fell perfectly to Campbell who went for the top corner but put slightly too much onto the ball.

Wealdstone fans were kept on the edge of their seats for the final couple of minutes in the first half when Olomola had two strong chances, one going over the back post and the other reaching the hands of former Stones keeper Smith.

Wealdstone started the second half just as they finished off the first - looking fiery and threatening in the final third.

A sharp piece of footwork saw Olomola work his way through Bromley's defence to take him one on one with the keeper but his effort hit the side netting.

Twenty minutes into the first half, Bromley managed to find an equaliser courtesy of Kade, who slotted past Ward when played in on goal.

The equaliser gave the hosts some impetus and they went close again through their skipper Byron Webster, but he blazed over the bar.

Campbell then had a huge chance to put the game to bed when played in on goal, but his effort went straight to the legs of Smith in goal.

The points ended up split at Hayes Lane in a frustrating evening for the Stones, but we can take the positives of an unbeaten start to the season and three dominant performances into Saturday's home match against AFC Fylde, the first ever meeting between the two teams.

WEALDSTONE: Ward, Cook (c), Barker, Mundle-Smith, Clayden, Charles, Dyer, Bowen (Kretzschmar 69), Obiero, Olomola (Allarakhia 85), Campbell (Andrews 89).

Subs not used: Barrett, Adarkwa.

Attendance: 1,810 (including 159 Wealdstone supporters)

Report by Libby McElhinney


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page