top of page
  • chriswoods51

MATCH REPORT | Beaconsfield Town 4-4 Wealdstone

Updated: Jul 12, 2022

Wealdstone's unbeaten pre-season record under Stuart Maynard remained intact after a scare by Beaconsfield Town at Holloways Park, in a game that ended in a frantic 4-4 result.

New signing Sam Habergham was put straight into the starting eleven with Leyton Orient loanee Matt Young also featuring in his first friendly from the bench.

It was a nervy start from the visiting Stones and Beaconsfield took an early lead when Nathan Minhas tapped in from close range following a cross from Aaron Minhas.

The striker then doubled his and the hosts tally on ten minutes after breaking through down the right and rounding Sam Howes to tap into an empty net.

After the initial shaky start the Stones rallied and Tarryn Allarakhia hustled himself some space before crossing to Dom Hutchinson who had an easy close-range header into an open goal.

Parity was almost restored just before half time when Alex Dyer played Allarakhia through on goal but the attacking midfielder lobbed over the goal from close range.

A host of changes were made at half time but it was a combination of starters that grabbed Wealdstone's equaliser. Trialist B played in Allarakhia who put a smart finish past Trialist A in the Beaconsfield goal when under pressure.

However a minute later the hosts restored their lead when Andrei Chiriac beat Solomon Balogun to the ball and rounded Eric Negraru to slot in.

Wealdstone's job was made a little more difficult when Lewis Kinsella departed with a back injury, taking the Stones down to ten men.

But a bursting run from Trialist E down Wealdstone's right brought another equaliser, beating two defenders for pace before rounding the keeper and putting a strike through the defender's legs on the line.

Three minutes later the Stones took the lead for the first time of the night when some good work from Trialist F found Trialist B lurking in front of goal who then tapped in from close range. 4-3 Wealdstone.

The hosts remained patient and had a penalty awarded with ten minutes to go. Shaun McAuley was brought down by Trialist C in the box and stepped up to convert the penalty, which an unlucky Negraru managed to palm in off the post.

WEALDSTONE: Howes (Negraru 45), Cook (c) (Trialist D 45), Trialist A (Balogun 49), Habergham (Trialist C 45), Sesay (Trialist E 45), Dyer (Young 45), Ferguson (Trialist F 45), Kinsella, Allarakhia, Trialist B, Hutchinson (Shrowder 45).

Attendance: TBA

Report by Chris Woods


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page