top of page
  • Nicole Cho-Yee

Report - Wealdstone 1-6 Notts County

Wealdstone were outclassed by an outstanding Notts County side at Grosvenor Vale this evening.

A brace from Adam Chicksen, along with finishes from Macaulay Langstaff, Matt Palmer, Aaron Nemane and Geraldo Bajrami knocked the Stones for six, with Micah Obiero netting a consolatory goal for the home side.

Luke Williams’ side made the perfect start, scoring within the first two minutes of the match when Reuben Rodrigues found hotshot Langstaff who superbly curled the ball into the top corner past Sam Howes to extend his tally as the top goal scorer in the National League.

The Stones responded positively as captain Jack Cook rose highest to head home a free kick past Magpies’ shot-stopper Sam Slocombe in the 9th minute, but the linesman flagged for offside.

Wealdstone had a chance to level again when Giovanni McGregor broke from midfield and released Allarakhia, but Slocombe was equal to the attackers’ effort.

Notts County then doubled their lead in style on the 23rd minute mark when Rodrigues’ picked out Chicksen with a smart free kick and the Zimbabwean international drilled a pinpoint finish into the bottom corner past Howes for his 4th goal of the season.

Six minutes later, the Magpies moved into cruise control when Matt Palmer clinically dispatched the ball home into the bottom corner past Howes, notching his first goal of the season.

The Stones were presented with another opportunity to reduce the deficit when Richard Brindley misplaced a pass to Palmer; however Sam Matthews was denied from close range by Slocombe.

Three minutes before the stroke of half time, the Magpies punished the Stones further, quadrupling their advantage in sublime style when Rodrigues picked out Chicksen again who rocketed the ball into the top corner to seal his brace.

A minute into the second half, the Magpies hit five when Nemane intercepted a misplaced pass and saw his shot take a significant deflection past Howes into the net.

Notts County’s sixth goal came on the 55th minute mark when the influential Rodrigues played through Nemane to the byline and his cross was bundled home by Bajrami.

Wealdstone finally pulled back a goal in the 60th minute when Obiero produced a neat finished from close range to notch his first goal for the club.

Eight minutes later, the high-flying Magpies were reduced to ten men when Richard Brindley picked up his second yellow card of the game.

Despite the numerical disadvantage, the visitors continued to dominate proceedings until the final whistle, marking a memorable victory on the road.

Wealdstone return to action on Saturday 29th October, when they travel to the Chigwell Construction Stadium to face Dagenham & Redbridge in a 3pm kick-off.

WEALDSTONE: Howes, Barrett (Mundle-Smith 46), Cook (c), Elerewe, Habergham, Dyer, McGregor, Allarakhia, Matthews (Sesay 60), Obiero (Mongoy 74), Olomola.

Subs not used: Hutchinson, Akinola.

Attendance: 1,710 (including 513 away supporters)


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page