top of page
  • Libby McElhinney

REPORT | Wealdstone 0-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

The August Bank Holiday weekend ends in zero points following Wealdstone's 2-0 defeat at home to Dagenham & Redbridge. Goals from Ryan Hill and Omar Mussa sealed the Daggers win.

Manager Stuart Maynard made two changes from the side that lost to Aldershot Town at the start of the weekend, with Max Kretzchmar and Olufela Olomola making way for Nathan Ferguson and Sam Bowen.

Wealdstone started the match with great possession and comfort on the ball in the first half and saw a chance just five minutes into the game, when Bowen's shot on goal went just wide following a great string of play by Tahvon Campbell who set him up.

Moments later, Nathan Ferguson ran through the Daggers defence but his shot deflected just wide and earned the Stones a corner.

Just before the half hour mark, the Stones were denied an opener due to a great save from Elliott Justham, who tipped over a Ferguson shot headed for the top corner.

A loose back pass by Alex Dyer played Mussa through on goal but Jed Ward made a crucial save with his leg just before half time to preserve the scoreline.

It didn't take long for the Daggers to find the back of the net after half time, with the visitors breaking the deadlock after only three minutes courtesy of Hill, who saw his strike take a heavy deflection off of Jaydn Mundle-Smith leaving Ward stranded.

Wealdstone kept to their attacking intent in searching for an equaliser, and went close again through Ferguson, who's low free kick into the bottom left corner went into the hands of Justham.

Another great chance followed for Campbell, this time taking a shot which was saved by the Daggers keeper's leg.

A minute later and with six to go, Mussa sealed the win with a 25-yard strike that sailed through the arms of Ward and into the net.

Wealdstone had time to find one more dangerous chance when substitute Olomola saw a great strike bounce off the side post.

The Stones now return to action on Saturday when they travel to Hartlepool United for a 3pm kick-off up north.

WEALDSTONE: Ward, Cook (c), Barker, Mundle-Smith, Clayden, Charles (Adarkwa 59), Dyer, Ferguson (Olomola 81), Obiero, Bowen, Campbell.

Subs not used: Barrett, Andrews, Hutchinson.

Attendance: 1,513

Report by Libby McElhinney


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page