top of page

Report - Truro City 1 - 2 Wealdstone

Wealdstone come from one-goal down to beat Truro City 2-1 on Tuesday evening.

Two second half goals from Christian Smith and Danny Green secured all three points for Wealdstone.

There was one forced change for Wealdstone at Treyew Road – James Clark returned for his first game for Wealdstone in four weeks to replace suspended full-back Jake Sheppard. Clark had not played for Wealdstone since they crashed out of the Middlesex Senior Cup back in January but Manager Bobby Wilkinson elected Clark at right full-back.

The Stones started quickly with an early chance for midfielder Simon Mensah in the third minute when he won the ball on the edge of the Truro box but fired over.

10 minutes later Truro left back Connor Riley-Lowe fired a free kick from the half-way line towards Jared Lewington who just tipped his header over the bar.

Truro full-back Niall Thompson rushed forward down the right channel in the 26th minute only for his first time shot to bobble on the surface before firing over the bar.

Stones top scorer David Pratt received his first chance of the game five minutes before the break courtesy of a Ramarni Medford-Smith cross but Pratt headed off target.

The away side registered their first shot on target two minutes before half-time through set-piece specialist Danny Green on the edge of the box but was easily caught by Truro ‘keeper Harvey Rivers.

The 'White Tigers' won a free kick on the edge of Wealdstone’s 18-yard box which top scorer Tyler Harvey struck perfectly into the top corner to give put Truro ahead on the stroke of half-time.

Wealdstone went into the half-time interval 1-0 down – it is the first time the Stones have been losing at half-time in the league since the turn of the year.

The Stones began the second half much brighter than they did in the first – six minutes into the second period Crawley Town loanee Tarryn Allarakhia shot near post but was saved by Rivers into the side-netting.

The big chance finally fell to the Stones on the hour-mark. Allarakhia was fouled by Thompson in the box and former Maidenhead midfielder Christian Smith made no mistake from the spot.

Less than five minutes later Wealdstone were in-behind when Allarakhia played Colchester United loanee Eoin McKeown through on goal but his right-footed effort was saved by Rivers.

Harvey grabbed himself a half-chance on the right hand side three minutes for Truro but fired wide of Jonathan North’s near post.

Wealdstone dominated this phase of the half and the second goal fell to set-piece specialist Green in the 75th minute.

McKeown’s cross from the left was cleared only as far as Green who shifted the ball onto his left foot on the edge of the box and curled a beautiful shot into Rivers’ top corner.

Wealdstone turned to their defensive qualities before McKeown forced a save out of Rivers six minutes from time.

Truro began to press forcing North to punch clear from multiple crosses late on but Wealdstone were able to secure their third win in a row.

It was Truro City’s first defeat since returning to Treyew Road and it was Wealdstone’s fourth win at Treyew Road since 2016.

The Stones move up to 9th in the league and are two points from a play-off place.

Wealdstone: North, Clark, Medford-Smith, Stevens, Okimo, Poku, Allarakhia, Mensah, Pratt, Green, Smith. Subs Mitchell, McKeown (used), Monakana & Patterson (unsed)

Report Dec O’Reilly

Bobby Wilkinson post match Interview HERE


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page