top of page
  • Writer's pictureWill Beaman

REPORT | Kidderminster Harriers 1-0 Wealdstone

A stoppage time goal from Amari Morgan-Smith sinks the Stones as they suffer defeat at the hands of Kidderminster Harriers.


With the game looking destined for a goalless draw, it was heartbreak at the death as a 93rd minute dagger from Morgan-Smith earnt his side all three points in a cagey match at the Aggborough Stadium.


Stuart Maynard made three changes to the side that lost to Gateshead in midweek with Nathan Ferguson, Jack Cook and club top goal scorer Tahvon Campbell replacing Alex Dyer, Mason Barrett and Charles Clayden in the staring XI.


It was the Harriers who fashioned the first big chance of the game, five minutes in, when Morgan-Smith weaved into space inside the area and hit a fierce effort towards Jed Ward, but a fine save from the young goalkeeper denied the hosts an opener.


Five minutes later, it was the Stones turn to have an effort at goal as Micah Obiero picked up the ball in midfield, drove forward and fired a low effort towards the bottom corner that fizzed narrowly wide of Christian Dibble’s goal.


A cagey first-half, with very little action, ended level with both managers scratching their heads, wondering what needed to change in order to find the first goal of the game. It was Maynard that made the first inspired change of the game, bringing on Clayden for Adarkwa at half-time in hope of some added spark.


And it was the away side that come out of the break stronger, almost finding themselves ahead five minutes into the second period when Tarryn Allarkahia’s longshot was parried straight into the path of Campbell, but the striker’s effort forced a huge reaction save out of Dibble.


Continuing their short spell of pressure, it was the Stones who once again went close to opening the scoring, from the resulting corner, when a fierce drilled effort forced another strong save out of the Harriers keeper.


With 20 minutes left of the game, Harriers’ substitute Ashley Hemmings looked to take the game into his own hands as he raced down the wing and fired a well-hit effort towards the bottom corner, forcing a big save out of Ward.


The hosts carved out another big chance late in the game when an in-swinging corner met the on-rushing Barry Maguire, but his effort sailed just wide of the Wealdstone goal.


With just three minutes of time added on, it looked as though both sides were coming away with a respectable draw, but the home side weren’t content with their single point and Morgan-Smith changed his sides fortunes when he poked the ball in from a goalmouth scramble in the 93rd minute to earn his side all three points.


Next up for the Stones is a big FA Cup 4th round qualifying tie away at National League rivals Bromley.


WEALDSTONE: Ward, Barker, Cook, Mundle-Smith, Smith, Obiero (Dyer 63), Ferguson, Bowen, Allarakhia (Kretzschmar 82), Campbell, Adarkwa (Clayden 46).

Subs not used: Barrett, Abdulmalik.


Attendance: 2546 (190 Stones fans)


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page