top of page

Report - Eastbourne Boro 0 - 3 Wealdstone

Updated: Feb 24, 2019

Wealdstone convincingly defeated Eastbourne Borough at Priory Lane, extending their unbeaten run to eight matches in the National League South, as they push towards an end of season play-off place.

First half goals from top goal scorer David Pratt and the lively Tarryn Allarakhia, along with a second half goal from in-form Daniel Green, led the Stones to another impressive away win.

The match started evenly with both sides trying to settle into the tempo of the match, but neither side was able to gain the ascendancy. However, as the first half progressed, the Stones began to dictate play, enjoying the lion’s share of the possession.

Pratt led the line in his usual industrious fashion, and his persistence was rewarded on the 33rd minute as he powerfully headed home past Eastbourne’s keeper Sam Howes; Reading FC loanee Ramarni Medford-Smith’s provided the assist with his inviting cross from the left wing.

The Stones continued to increase the pressure on the Sports in the closing stages of the first half, with Green’s free kick producing a decent save from Howes.


n the 41st minute, Allarakhia, who had been a constant threat for the Stones, broke the Sports’ offside trap, latching onto a lofted through ball from Green, prompting Howes to rashly bring him down outside the box. As the last man, Howes was shown a straight red by referee Jack Packman, reducing Eastbourne to ten men just before the break.

Allarakhia was then duly compensated for his energetic display in added time, skilfully turning the Sports’ defender, and surging forwarded with the ball to coolly slot home past Howes’ replacement, James Earl.

The Stones went into half time with a deserved and imposing 0-2 lead, having dominated proceedings in the first half.

Despite a half time change for Eastbourne, with Andrew Briggs replacing Marvin Hamilton, Wealdstone started the brighter of the two sides, with Poku thundering a long distance effort onto the cross bar in the 46th minute.

As the second half progressed, the Sports had a couple of goal-bound strikes from Martin and Ljubicic, respectively; but these were both excellently blocked by the Stones’ defensive stalwart, Conor Stevens.

Wealdstone then continued to control play, and on the 59th minute, Poku again unleashed a long-range effort, but this time it was charged down by an Eastbourne defender.

On the 68th minute, the Sports were reduced to nine men, as an injured Lloyd Dawes was carried off the pitch to receive further medical attention. The Stones utilised this numerical advantage to dictate the pace of play, and enjoy large spells of possession.

Bobby Wilkinson implemented a double substitution on the 76th minute, with Christian Smith being replaced by Simon Mensah, and goal scorer Allarakhia making way for Reece Mitchell.

Mitchell started brightly wide on the right wing, drawing a foul from an Eastbourne defender. The resultant free kick was whipped in by Green, stand-in keeper Earl was unable to keep the ball out and his last touch gave the Stones a commanding 0-3 lead.

As the second half drew to a close, Wealdstone pressed for a fourth goal, with Medford-Smith firing a blistering shot from the edge of the box, and producing a brilliant saved from Earl on the 83rd minute.

Wilkinson made his final substitution on the 84th minute, introducing Eoin McKeown for the tireless goal scorer Pratt. Wealdstone’s final effort came from Jeffrey Monakana, firing over from the edge of the box in the 89th minute.

The Stones are now in eighth position, one outside of the play-offs, as they welcome fourth placed Billericay Town to the Vale on Monday evening, kick-off 19:45.

Report by Nicole Cho-Yee


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page