Emirates FA Cup 1st Rd – Stones v U’s – Crowd Management
The Club have issued the following statement this afternoon ahead of our Emirates FA Cup 1st Rd tie at The Freebets.co.uk stadium this Saturday, 7 Nov, versus Colchester Utd kick-off 3:00pm. Since the draw for the First Round of the FA Cup was made last Monday the Club has consistently sought the expert views of all authorities including Police, Fire and licensing officers to ensure the safety, security and enjoyment for all spectators at the match is maximised. The Club are well aware of concerns expressed about segregation and issues of controlling a much larger crowd than normal. Therefore we have actively managed ticket sales and developed a crowd management plan that has been agreed between both clubs and the authorities and will be followed on Saturday. We encourage all supporters to note the following:
- Online ticket sales have now ended. Tickets will continue to be available from the stadium every evening this week.
- On Saturday all fans should follow the express direction of stewards and police on duty inside and outside the stadium and the clearly demarcated control signs at all times.
- Colchester fans will be directed toward the top end turnstiles on arrival (or on exiting the clubhouse). They will be asked to use the top end terracing and facilities and to remain in that area throughout the match.
- Designated seats will be made available for away fans on the clubhouse side of the stadium
- Home supporters will have use of the Bulla Stand end, the Main ‘Wells Glass’ Stand, the Brian Collins Stand and the terracing behind the dugouts for the duration of the match. There will be access available to all catering outlets.
- There will be a large number of crowd control trained stewards on site throughout the afternoon actively managing this crowd plan. This includes random searches of bags as a condition of entry. There will also be a police presence inside and outside the stadium.
- At the end of the match Colchester fans will be directed to leave by Exit C (by the Rollin’ Kitchen), escorted by stewards and police.
- Additional toilet facilities will be available throughout the stadium
- The bar will be closed at half time
- Due to the grass areas being too wet there will no public parking on site. We ask all spectators to park responsibly away from the ground.