Wealdstone Ladies News

On Sunday the Stones ladies first team suffered a 4-2 defeat away to a strong AFC Wimbledon Side. The home team  started very brightly and established a 3-0 half-time lead. After an inspiring half time talk by Manager Gary Harling, The Stones started the second half well. The reward came when Natalie Osman pulled a goal back. Then Danielle Forde scored a second to get back into the game. It was end to end football as the Stones went looking for an equaliser. AFC Wimbledon finally killed off the match with a fine free kick to put the game out of reach of the Stones and take all three points.

Next match will be on Sunday 14th Sep 14:00 kick off when the Wealdstone Ladies First Team entertain Northwood.

By Wayne Simmons 

Meanwhile, the Reserves got the better of  Tower Hamlets 3-1 in their opening game of the GLWFL Division 2 (North) campaign.

The first twenty minutes was pretty even with both teams failing to convert their chances. Hamlets No.7  Alexandra Milne opened up the Stones defence with a well worked goal on twenty-five minutes, this seamed to spur Wealdstone on and Annie Hewitt hit a cracking shot from twenty yards out for the keeper to palm the ball onto the crossbar, only for Ruby Juchau to put the rebound  wide. Two minutes later Lauren Cunningham came with a blinding run down the wing, tearing past two Hamlets players to cross the ball for Annie Hewitt to slot the ball past the keeper to pull the tie level. On thirty-eight minutes Annie Hewitt was one on one with the Hamlets keeper, who put the ball out for a corner which came to  nothing.

The first half finished with both teams level in a pretty even game .

The second half mirrored the first until Ruby Juchau put the Stones ahead on 75 minutes. Five minutes later, another shot from Annie Hewitt was saved by the keeper, only for Ruby Juchau to slot the ball into the net for her second and Stones third goal.

On the 87 minute mark with the game seemingly out of reach for the Hamlets, they gave away a penalty. Up steps Annie Hewitt from the spot kick, for their keeper to pull off a great save.

The next match for the reserves is away to Brook House on Sunday 14th Sep Kick -off 14;00

By Mark Barton  

Wealdstone Laddies ReservesWFC Ladies Reserves